Saturday, July 31, 2010

Pretty Pinks for Pink Saturday...

A HUGE shout-out to Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for hosting such a FUN event every Saturday. Please stop by her blog and visit everyone's lovely pinks on the list!

If you need to know ANYTHING about New Jersey, it is common knowledge that Cape MAy IS THE CAPITAL of Victorian Mansions...I mean the row by row, ornate, scrolly porch, stain glass bliss kind! Can you take a guess which one is my favorite???...take a peek... How sweet is this sign, LOVE the pink vintage bike...
Isn't she a lovely pink vision, just wish the powerlines weren't there! Oh my, I can picture myself reading on that porch!

Ok, back to REALITY, ( :

A project that I did this week...an old dresser (I mean old)...what to do with that stinking bottom drawer that was warped beyond repair, now I know why it was sitting on top of the dresser when I found it, but it was FREE! Hmmmm, think...I added a platforn where the bottom drawer use to be, painted her white and added a few baskets and fancy box and WALLLAHH...
Here are a few other of my favorite pink projects that I hope you will enjoy...A wonderful yardsale find, upholstered with my all time favorite barkcloth, (yep, I do all of my own upholstery work, strip to bear bones, re-spring and cover!) yummy pink roses!
I found this lovely sweety in the GARBAGE, it was a HOT MESS! Look at her now...

Last but not least, can't forget the cheapy PINK plastic swirly bowls that I grabbed up at the grocery store for $1.00 each...amazing what cheap plastic can do to a person when colored pink, but I love them! ( :
Have a Happy Pink saturday, and remember...

PINK, A SOPHISTICATED SHADE OF WELCOME.
(((hugs)))
Karen

7 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, Oh look at those mansions, when I was recently in NJ I had wished we could go to Cape May, but no time.. next trip!

    Love your re do's..that dresser is wonderful, and with a little imagination, voila! Love them pink bowls..yes sometimes the simple cheapy things thrill us the most!

    have a wonderful week!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen :) My mouth literally dropped to the floor when I saw the picture of that GORGEOUS pinkalicious home!! I could soooo see myself living there, lol :) LOVE what you did with that dresser! And you do such excellent work re-upolstering! I wish I could do that! Just beautiful!

    Happy Pink Saturday!!

    Warmest hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen your pinks today are just the best!!! I Love love love that dresser you transformed...and that pink house? Have you ever seen anything more beautiful!!!
    Happy Pink Saturday!! xo Tami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Pink Saturday from a new Pinker, your pink bowls are great, I love them and your job on the dresser is a great idea with the baskets underneath. I love finds like what you have shown. Thanks for sharing, great pinkness! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen,
    Now that stunning pink Victorian would be the house of my dreams!!
    Seeing it brought back so many memories of my many trips to Cape May! I hope to go back someday and maybe stay fro the whole week around Christmas! That is actually my dream vacation...a whole week in Cape May during all the Christmas festivities!!
    I just love all of the furniture redo's that you have shared with us today!!
    All are stunning!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That house is beautiful!! And speaking of beautiful...that OLD dresser looks fabulous. What an amazing job you did!! I also love the upholstered chair and bench.

    Blessings to you,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what a beautifull and such great photos,. Love to come to your yardsale next time you go,lol,.You have a lovely blog and I will follow so I dont miss anything,.love Glenda

    ReplyDelete