Thursday, July 1, 2010

An Invitation To Tea...

The past two days in Southern Jersey have been in the high 70's and on the low humidity side...not to hot for a cup of tea day. I'm an early riser, can find me up at 5am and ready to get to work in my workroom, while my hubby sleeps until 7am when he has to get up for work. Today was a "clean out the mess" in my shop day, but I was looking forward to a wonderfully decadent cup of tea with lunch!

One of my favorite books that I LOVE to grab recipies from, called "An Invitation To TEA" Special Celebrations with Treasured Friends by Emilie Barnes with art by Sandy Lynam Clough (Her artwork is BEAUTIFUL!) was worth every cent and more! I would like to share a few recipies from this lovely book, try them...you won't be dissapointed! ( :



Come and share a pot of tea,

My home is warm

And my friendship's free.

Tangerine Special Tea (this one is yummy!)
4 Tangerine slices
12 whole cloves
4 sticks of cinnamon
2 tablespoons sugar
4 cups orange pekoe tea brewed with the rind of one tangerine

Stud each slice of tangering with 3 cloves. Now place a tangering slice, a cinnamon stick, and 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar in each cup. fill with hot tea from the pot. Serve, using the cinnamon stick to stir the tea.


I've given this Spiced Tea dry mix in fancy decorated containers as gifts with a vintage teacup set, wonderful gift! It makes alot, use one heaping tablespoon per cup.

Spiced Tea MIx

1 cup dry instant tea (can use decaffeinated)
2 cups dry powdered orange drink
3 cups sugar (may use half sugar substitute)
1/2 cup hot cinnamon candy (I crush it)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon powder cloves
1 pkg (about 1 cup)lemonade mix

Mix all ingredients and put in an air-tight container. Makes 1 1/2 quarts.
To give as a gift, pack i a small jelly jar with lid. Tie a ribbon across the neck including a fancy tablespoon. Also includ a label of directions for mixing "One heaping teblespoon to one cup hot water"

Enjoy your tea, (((hugs)))
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment