Thursday, September 23, 2010

Technology, Don't You Love It?...Sometimes!

Good Gosh! After literally almost two weeks of internet, email and website problems...which are STILL NOT fixed, I'm able to get on using my netbook...which is VERY limited! I can't BEGIN to explain the procedures that I have to go throught just to get pictures up! Please bear with me!

When technology is "down for the count" you don't realize just how much you miss it. Imagine back in the late 80's-early 90's saying..."Wait a minute gotta answer my cell." what did we do then, run to the nearest corded phone or ...remember these things...a PHONE BOOTH!

Lately, when I have the time, I REALLY try to make time, I do!,we started watching TCM Turner Classic Movies, no joke, we really like watching them...of course after Ice Road Truckers (seriously, YUCK! sorry Mark) I find myself wondering what would they think of a cellphone or computer? Gone with The Wind was on again the other night...scene: wagon in middle of burning town falling down around them, change the script to todays standards..."Here Scarlet,got a few bars left, call Rhett and get us out of this inferno!" while Mark is saying (very loudly might I add with excitement like we can reach in and grab it) "Check-out that table in the background!"

Sometimes I long for the days when things weren't so complicated, when you actually talked, wrote by snail mail and even visited a friend for the afternoon.

Well, talk about finding time, I've been so busy getting ready for my upcoming 3 day show that I need a 28hr day instead of 24! I would like to share with you some of my goodies that i will be offering, I've been hard at work!

Here's a bench that me and Mark made from a twin headboard and footboard...Love the fluffy cushion!

One of my favorite things to create are broken china mosaics. Here's a pie crust tilt top table that my mom found at a yardsale for $5, hopefully it looks like a lot more now!

Some, not pink, but shabby autumn anyways, my version of a pumpkin with a little bling!

with all the problems happening with my internet and email, I hope to get back on for Pink Saturday, it's been awhile! Hope everyone has a wonderfull fall day! I love this time of year...pretty leaves falling from the trees and cooler weather!
(((hugs!)))
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Your bench is lovely. I have always wanted one but haven't found the right bed. Hope to see you Saturday.

    ReplyDelete